Planning a wedding is a lot to take on especially since you still have your work and life to keep organized. Over the years, we have come up with a few wedding planning tips that will help you as you start your wedding planning process. It's a short and easy list to print out and stick somewhere to help you keep focused and reminded what it is all about.
First-time reader? Welcome! We are a wedding planning company and specialize in Day of Wedding Planning and Month of Wedding Coordination in the Maryland, Virginia, and DC areas. O'Neil's blog is the best place to become and stay educated about the wedding planning process. We post about wedding budget percentages, addressing wedding invitations, room blocks for weddings (how we can help for free), and your day of wedding timeline. We offer many free downloads such as the ultimate wedding timeline template, wedding invitation timeline, and wedding budgeting. We teach you how to plan your wedding as we specialize as your day of wedding planner. Learn more about us here.
1. Make a budget and stick to it, but for real!
2. Be prepared for unexpected fees and expenses the last month of your wedding planning.
3. Don't be afraid of different.
4. Find a way that works for you to keep everything organized.
5. Don't get too into the weeds of it all, don't forget to come up for air.
6. Find someone to be your day of wedding coordinator. Not Family.
7. Find a theme and stick with it.
8. Ask for help! Two set of eyes is always better than one.
9. Be an educated buyer.
10. Get a quote from more than one vendor in each category.
11. Make the big decisions quickly, don't procrastinate, then you can rest a bit.
12. Make decisions as a couple.
13. Keep the day to set-up simple.
14. Avoid leaving for your honeymoon the morning after your wedding.
15. When you start planning, start working on the most critical vendors first so you can ensure budget for what matters most.
16. Don't DIY more than you can execute.
17. Make it yours, make the wedding a reflection of who you are as a couple.
18. When you're kind to others, they will be kind to you. That's for both family, friends, and vendors.
19. Start working on the wedding day timeline a month before the wedding.
20. Don't forget your wedding hashtag!
21. Consider your guests with some decisions.
22. Always ask, worst that happens is you get a no, but best case you get something a little extra.
23. Include vendor tips into your original budget.
24. Keep in touch with your vendors and don't be afraid to ask for suggestions.
25. Have some f'n fun with it all!
Hope you found these tips helpful! Here are some other blog post that would interest you:
Maryland wedding planner. Baltimore wedding planner. Day of a wedding planner. Jewish wedding planner. Winter wedding. Winter wedding planning. * Wedding Planner Washington, DC, Wedding Planner Kensington, Wedding Planner McLean, Wedding Planner Rockville, Wedding Planner Arlington, Wedding Planner Chevy Chase, Wedding Planner Silver Spring, Day of Wedding Planner, Wedding Planner Potomac, Wedding Planner North Bethesda, Wedding Planner Bethesda, Wedding Planner Wheaton, Wedding Planner Alexandria. wedding planning tips